If you have a car, you probably take care of it by getting it fixed and maintained regularly. Especially if you drive a nice car, you want it to last longer and remain in the same condition it was in when you bought it. The same is true with your body, which is far more important than your car!
Jim Rohn said: Take care of your body, that’s the only place you have to live.
The following suggestions will help you to wake up refreshed on Monday morning and experience some body & mind rejuvenation:
– Eliminate coffee, black tea and alcohol since they can only aggravate stress and emotional tension. Replace them with green tea (in moderate amounts because it contains theine as well), fresh vegetable juices, and plenty of clean water.
– Eliminate processed foods, along with sugar (sweets like cakes, biscuits, artificial honey and chocolate). Choose healthy snacks instead, like bananas, nuts and dried fruits.
– Eliminate – or at least reduce – dairy products and replace cow’s milk with vegan milk, such as rice milk, or almond milk or coconut milk(all great for vegan smoothies).
More Health Spa Tips:
– Instead of frying vegetables, steam them.
– Eat fruits between the meals as snacks. Eating fruits after a meal can cause indigestion, which in turn results in lack of energy.
– To avoid unhealthy food cravings, prepare yourself: plan four to five daily meals. For example, try juicing for breakfast, healthy, gluten-free grains lime quinoa + veggies/salad for lunch, a smoothie in the afternoon and a light dinner based on steamed vegetables or a soup. Feel free to adapt your ideas to your own food preferences, climate zone and season.
– Include herbal teas, such as: white tea, roibosh tea, tea of three years, or, if you wish to relax, try chamomile, valerian, Californian Poppy or passion flower.
– Do not force yourself into eating foods that you don’t like. There are many healthy foods that you can choose, so adapt your diet to your personal preferences and lifestyle.
– Include green vegetables and juice them too. Experiment with new juices to fuel your body & mind.
– Make sure that your diet is rich in antioxidant foods, such as broccoli, carrots, oranges, lemons, strawberries, and blueberries. As a general guideline, try to choose the fruits and vegetables that are grown in your climate zone as much as you can. Each climate zone is abundant in certain foods, and many macrobiotic food experts are starting to point out the importance of preferring foods grown in your climate zone rather than from far away countries. For example, if you live in Northern Europe, Canada, or the Northern USA, you may go for carrots rather than oranges or some tropical foods; however if you live in New Zealand or Australia, you should definitely take advantage of kiwis.
– If you are allergic to or intolerant of any of the foods mentioned here, or suspect some intolerances, avoid them and consult with a naturopathy doctor for a personalized solutions.
The benefits that you get by making the above-mentioned adjustments as much as you can (again, don’t be harsh on yourself and build up slowly instead) will make you feel more vitalized and focused as you will get rid of toxins and start taking better care of your internal organs.