In order to know how to relax and how to blend the oils, you need to know some essential oils that will open the door to the whole range of treatments for you. There are hundreds of them, and aromatherapy is a life-long study. The world of essential oils offers endless blends, not only to soothe and calm the nerves, but also to alleviate many physical, mental and emotional stress-related complaints. Essential oils are an intrinsic part of holistic beauty treatments.
When purchasing the oils, make sure that they are organic, and get acquainted with the possible precautions that the oils’ providers list on the products. Unfortunately, there are many aromatherapy suppliers who are more concerned about their own profit than the quality of their products. Consulting a local aromatherapist should help you choose the right brand. Another option is visiting health food shops, as they normally sell high quality brands. You would like you to remember that:
– All the essential oils must be diluted in vegetable base oils before being applied to the skin
There are many vegetable oils that you can use, including sweet almond oil, avocado oil, and olive oil, and you can also use natural creams or lotions and aloe vera gel.
– Avoid applying to skin on top of other skincare products.
– Check out the expiration date before using.
– Do not use near an open flame.
– Do not use too many essential oils in one blend. 1- 3 (max.5 in some cases) essential oils per blend is enough.
– Store blends in a cool, dark, dry place. Be careful about using kitchen cupboards (steam and heat from cooking may affect their potency), the fridge (too cold), and the bathroom cupboard (can get too hot and steamy).
You can store all your essential oils in a wooden box in a bedroom wardrobe.
How can you get started?
- First, analyze the reason for the treatment. Then choose the oils that are recommended for those who have your problem and prepare your own blend. Then apply it and to see how it works for you.
- Depending on which treatment you wish to perform, choose one of the following ways to apply your blend:
– Physical tension or beauty treatments – Massage the areas affected. For example, if you suffer from sore muscles, choose the oils that work best, mix them and massage them in. If you wish to reduce cellulite, prepare your blend of oils and apply twice a day.
– Stress, problems of an emotional nature, insomnia or anxiety – Choose your favorite soothing oils and perform a full-body massage, or treat yourself to an aromatherapy bath. Panic attacks, nervousness, frustration, anger and anxiety situations can be alleviated by massaging the solar plexus and the feet.
– Skin problems – Add one drop of your chosen essential oil to your cream or face mask. If you have sensitive skin, test on your wrists first to avoid an allergic reaction.
– Headaches, including migraines – Use the blend to massage your neck, shoulders, head and temples. Avoid contact with the eyes.
– To improve your hair condition – perform a scalp massage and leave in the oils for at least 1 hour. Then wash your hair in a gentle shampoo. For damaged or brittle hair leave it in overnight.
– Common cold – Use your blends to massage the neck, temples (be careful about the eye area), chest, and back. You can also massage your feet.
– Indigestion or menstrual pains – Gently massage your stomach and lower back. Remember that aromatherapy massage can alleviate the occasional digestion problem, but if your condition persists, consult with a medical doctor.
– To unwind – Prepare an aromatherapy relaxing bath. Add your aromatherapy blend only when the water is not running. Focus on your breathing and try to disconnect.